Federal Election 2021

Back to News

As you are aware the federal elections are on September 20, 2021. Please find attached the Federal Election Party Platforms and a Federal Election Toolkit prepared by the Chiefs of Ontario.

For our Citizens who live in the Peterborough-Kawartha Riding (PK) – the Candidates for the PK Riding are:

Liberal Party of Canada: Maryam Monsef

Conservative Party of Canada (CPC): Michelle Ferreri

New Democratic Party of Canada (NDP): Joy Lachica

Green Party of Canada: Chanté White

For those who live in the Peterborough-Kawartha Riding, and other Ridings across Canada, you can find a voting station at: https://www.elections.ca/home.aspx

For our Citizens who live in the Northumberland Peterborough-South (NPS) – the Candidates for the NPS Riding are:

Liberal Party of Canada: Alison Lester

Conservative Party of Canada (CPC): Philip Lawrence

New Democratic Party of Canada (NDP): Kim McArthur-Jackson

Green Party of Canada: Christina Wilson

Peoples Party of Canada (PPC): Nathan Lang

For those in the NPS Riding you can vote in-person on September 20, 2021 from 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. at:

Hiawatha Cultural Community Centre
431 Hiawatha Line
Hiawatha, ON K9J 0E6

*** NOTE: COVID-19 precautionary measures will be in place. Please ensure to follow all COVID-19 protocols ***

You will need to bring Identification (ID) in able to vote:

Option 1: Show one of these pieces of ID :

  • Drivers Licence
  • Any other card issued by federal/provincial/territorial or local government with your photo, name and current address

*If you do not have these, then proceed to Option 2:

Option 2: Show two pieces of ID – both pieces must have your name and a least one must have your current address:


  • ● Voter information card and bank statement
  • ● Utility bill and Student ID card

*See below for other valid ID allowed under Option 2

*If you do not have these, then proceed to Option 3:

Option 3: If you don’t have ID:

  • ● You can still vote if you declare your identity and address in writing and have someone who knows you and who is assigned to your polling station to vouch for you. The voucher must be able to prove their identity and address. A person can only vouch for one person.

Option 2: Other Valid ID Allowed:

From a government or government agency

  • ● band membership card
  • ● birth certificate
  • ● Canadian citizenship card or certificate
  • ● Canadian Forces identity card
  • ● Canadian passport (accepted only as proof of identity)
  • ● card issued by an Inuit local authority
  • ● firearms licence
  • ● government cheque or cheque stub
  • ● government statement of benefits
  • ● health card
  • ● income tax assessment
  • ● Indian status card or temporary confirmation of registration
  • ● library card
  • ● licence or card issued for fishing, trapping or hunting
  • ● liquor identity card
  • ● Métis card
  • ● old age security card
  • ● parolee card
  • ● property tax assessment or evaluation
  • ● public transportation card
  • ● social insurance number card
  • ● vehicle ownership
  • ● Veterans Affairs health care identification card

From Elections Canada

  • ● targeted revision form to residents of long-term care facilities
  • ● voter information card

From an educational institution

  • ● correspondence issued by a school, college or university
  • ● student identity card

From a health care facility or organization

  • ● blood donor card
  • ● CNIB card
  • ● hospital card
  • ● label on a prescription container
  • ● identity bracelet issued by a hospital or long-term care facility
  • ● medical clinic card

From a financial institution

  • ● bank statement
  • ● credit card
  • ● credit card statement
  • ● credit union statement
  • ● debit card
  • ● insurance certificate, policy or statement
  • ● mortgage contract or statement
  • ● pension plan statement
  • ● personal cheque

From a private organization

  • ● employee card
  • ● residential lease or sub-lease
  • ● utility bill (e.g.: electricity; water; telecommunications services, including telephone, cable or satellite)

Letters of confirmation

  • ● letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee
  • ● letter of confirmation of residence from a First Nations band or reserve or an Inuit local authority
  • ● letter of confirmation of residence, letter of stay, admission form, or statement of benefits from one of the following designated establishments:
  •     ● student residence
  •     ● seniors’ residence
  •     ● long-term care facility
  •     ● shelter
  •     ● soup kitchen
  •     ● a community-based residential facility

Other pieces of ID may be added. We accept e-statements and e-invoices. Print them or show them on a mobile device.

This list of accepted ID is also available in multiple languages. For the list in other formats, such as braille and audio, call 1-800-463-6868 or 1-800-361-8935 (TTY).