Hiawatha First Nation Child Care Centre is a licensed facility and is inspected annually by the Ministry of Education Quality Assurance and Licensing Branch. The Centre has a qualified Supervisor and all permanent, full-time staff have diplomas in Early Childhood Education and are members in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators. Our program is designed to enrich the learning experiences of children from 6 weeks to 9 years of age. Hands on learning with child focuses enriches the children every day activities that intertwine with the Ojibwa culture and teachings.
- Facility licensed and inspected annually by Ministry of Education Quality Assurance and Licensing Branch
- Qualified staff are all trained in Early Childhood Education including First Aid & CPR
- Offers Cultural Education including language, child directed learning through play
- Follows the Canada Food Guide and equipped with large outdoor play areas
- Infant Program (ages 6 weeks – 18 months)
- Toddler Program (ages 18 months – 30 months)
- Preschool Program (ages 2 and a half years – 4 years)
- School Age Program (ages 4 years – 9 years)
Hours of Operation
- Open daily 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Infant care 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Open all year round
- Closed for Federal Statutory Holidays including Remembrance Day and Aboriginal Day
Child Care Supervisor
431 Hiawatha Line
Hiawatha, ON. K9J 0E6
Phone: (705) 295-7158 Ext. 58