Hiawatha First Nation is an LDM provider through – Kagita Mikam
WHAT WE DO: Provide employment opportunities and employment skills development to Citizens.
- We help registered clients seeking training to meet their career goals by matching their training needs with qualified training organization
- We help registered clients who seek employment opportunities by matching their employment goals with qualified employers.
Through Kagita Mikam – Hiawatha First Nation can provide funded programs such as:
- Purchase of Training
- Targeted Wage Subsidy Program: The Targeted Wage Subsidy Program is designed to assist eligible participants, who have employment barriers, to become employed, by providing wage subsidies to employers. Contact:
- Resume Development/Job Search Preparation
- Mobility Assistance
- Job Creation
- Summer Youth Initiatives
Certain eligibility criteria apply to the programs
1. Register as a client. Select Hiawatha for your EDO. Once the form is completed, press SUBMIT.
3. Frequently Asked Questions.
4. Examples of documents that must be submitted with a student / purchase of training application.
Employment Resource Site
The Employment Resource Site (formerly known as the Community Access Program/CAP Site) is located within the Administration Office in Hiawatha First Nation. Clients and community Citizens are welcome to come in and use the 2 computer stations for online job search; develop or update your resume.
Employment & Training Services receives current job opportunities on the First Nation, other First Nations and Organizations in the local area. Clients and Citizens are welcome to come and have a look at the Employment Opportunities. Boards are located at the Administration Office in the Employment Resource Room.