What is a Comprehensive Community Plan?
- A Comprehensive Community Plan (CCP) is a Hiawatha citizen-led approach to planning where the process is driven and owned by all rather than Council, a small group or committee.
- A CCP is a holistic process enabling all of us to build a roadmap to sustainability, self-sufficiency and improved governance.
- A CCP enables Hiawatha to establish a vision for our future and implement projects to achieve this vision.
- A CCP helps to ensure projects and programs are thought through, make sense and are the best use of resources.
- A CCP integrates and links all other plans Hiawatha has produced.
What are the Benefits of a CCP?
An effective CCP can:
- Empower our Nation
- Improve performance by leading to better decision-making, efficient use of resources and solving organizational problems
- Build teamwork and expertise through improved communication, better managerial/staff skills and capacity building
- Coordinate future development by identifying the Nation’s priorities
- Celebrate traditional cultural values and practices
- Promote healing and reconciliation
- Create economic opportunities
- Protect valuable and vulnerable areas
Many First Nations across Canada have embarked on creating a Comprehensive Community Plan.
Do you want to know more? Click on the links below to view the CCP Handbook and the plans other First Nations have created:
Stay tuned for more information about forming a CCP committee, community planning meetings, and so much more!
Daniel J Brant & Associates